The Ahlbum Insurance Group
The Ahlbum Insurance Group is dedicated to helping people find the best insurance solutions for their medical needs and their finances. We know insurance can be confusing and we help you sort it out. We have been able to help many sort out the best solutions for:
- Medicare Insurance
- Medigap Insurance
- Medicare Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
Medicare & Medigap Articles
We trust that you will find the following articles informative:
- Medigap vs. Medicare Advantage Plan - Finding a plan that suits your needs and your wallet is always a struggle.There are so many plans out there and things can get quite confusing. First off, you want to make sure that you trust your private insurance provider and the guidance they give you. Many people may often confuse Medigap and Medicare Advantage plans, but there are many differences. Despite the differences, both of these plans are options for people with Medicare. Medigap is known as Medicare Supplemental Insurance, but technically Medicare Advantage plans can also provide some extra benefits that could be considered as supplementing Medicare.
- What You May Not Have Known About Medicare Costs - Created back in 1965, Medicare was intended to answer growing reports of impoverished seniors languishing or dying because they lacked health insurance. Since then, Medicare has acquired a reputation as the ultimate government entitlement, a system of low-cost, tax-payer subsidized health care provided at the stage in life when retirees need it most.
- Advocate Oppose Proposed Medigap Reforms - There are many changes that have been happening in the healthcare and more significantly the Medicare arena. One of the key things that are going on now is around the Medigap reforms. Medicare advocates oppose changes in Medigap reforms that pass costs to recipients supplementing Medicare in order to help pay for Medicare’s significant out-of-pocket costs. In order to make sure that individuals are getting the coverage that they need, most people choose to also have some sort of supplemental coverage. These can range from retiree plans, private Medicare Advantage plans or also any form of Medicare supplement insurance.
- Where can I find reviews on Medicare Physicians? - Searching for the right Medicare and Medicaid plans takes a lot of time and research, but that is only a part of the process. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people 65 years or older, people under 65 years with certain disabilities or people any age with end stage renal disease. Each part of Medicare covers different things and requires different services. One important thing to consider is whether or not your doctors and other health care providers accept your coverage? Also, it is good to know if the doctors you want to see are accepting new patients.
- Medicare and Your Mental Health Benefits - Certain mental health conditions can happen to an individual at any age and any point in their life. These mental health conditions such as depression or anxiety can happen to anyone. If you have thoughts of ending your life, sad or emptiness, loss of self worth, social withdrawal and isolation, little interest in things that you used to enjoy, a lack of energy, trouble concentrating, trouble sleeping, weight loss or loss of appetite or increased use of alcohol or other drugs/substances, then we urge you to first contact your doctor or other health care provider.
- Does Medigap Cover Vision and Dental Care? - A Medigap policy is a supplemental medical insurance that covers some of the gaps in Original Medicare (Parts A and B) and is also known as a Medicare Supplement plan. Currently, there are 10 standardized Medigap plans and one high deductible plan available. The way that each plan is represented is by a letter.
- What Disabilities Qualify a Person for Medicare Before 65? - In most cases, people must wait until they reach the age of 65 years old in order to qualify for Medicare. Medicare is a health insurance program. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. You may be wondering what these exceptions are and first and foremost we always recommend to make sure to contact your insurance provider or Social Security to see if these exceptions or rules have changed. What You Need to Know About Life and Final Expense Insurance - Life insurance can protect your family or business if you should die prematurely. Life insurance is a contract between an insured and an insurer, where the insurer promises to pay a designated beneficiary a sum of money upon the death of the insured person. The death benefit it provides can replace some of the income you would have earned and help in many other areas.
- Medigap Plan C – The Good and The Bad - Medigap, or also known as Medicare Supplement Insurance, is a separate policy that people typically purchase when Medicare does not cover something. These plans simply covers the areas where Medicare falls short in healthcare costs. Choosing a Medigap policy is the final step when joining Medicare
- How will Obama Care Affect Medicare? - One of the main topics of discussions amongst US citizens, politicians, healthcare specialists and pretty much anyone else you can think of is Obamacare. When people are typically asked about The Affordable Cart Act (ACA) they are puzzled, even though this was a law that was signed in 2010. The biggest concern that lies with Americans is how will this Act affect us directly or indirectly?
- Does it matter which state I live, or does Medicare coverage stay the same everywhere? - Many Americans are currently enrolled in Medicare. There are many varying factors such as cost, location, which your insurance provider is and the various plans to choose from depending on which coverage plan you select.
- What is the Difference Between Medicare Prescription Coverage and Medigap Prescription Coverage? - When it comes to Medigap and Medicare, they can go hand-in-hand, but can also cause some common confusion. A benefit to having certain plans is prescription drug coverage. Medigap plans are private supplemental health insurance plane sold to Medicare beneficiaries in the United States. Where as Medicare is a national social insurance program monitored by the United States federal government for Americans age 65 years or older or younger Americas with certain disabilities as well as end stage retinal disease or Lou Gehrig's disease.
- Does Medicare Cover Hospice and Long Term Care? - Medicare changes once you opt for Hospice or long-term care. When it comes to long-term care services or personal care, Medicare does not pay this. What exactly is long-term care? www.longtermcare.gov shares that long-term care is a range of services and supports you may need to meet your personal care needs.
- Medicare Fraud and How It Affects You - Medicare fraud can and does happen from time to time. This can happen when Medicare is billed for services or supplies that you never received. Due to this sort of fraud, it costs Medicare a lot of money each year. Fraud is different from abuse, which is when doctors or suppliers do not follow good medical practices.
- Did You Know Medicare Covers Hospice and Comfort Care? - Hospice and comfort (also known as respite care) are covered by Medicare. This is a frequent question that many Medicare policy holders have. When dealing with a terminal illness, it can be very difficult time and we hope that by sharing some information we are able to help ease the process and inform people what they have rights to.
- Why Do Hospitals Across the Country charge Medicare Different Amounts? - One hospital in Saint Augustine, FL. reportedly billed nearly $40,000 to remove a gallbladder, using minimally invasive surgery, while one in Orange Park, FL charged $91,000. How is that possible? The question has arisen as to why different hospitals are able to charge such a dramatic difference in their amounts for these sorts of procedures?
- Medicare and Your Rights - As an individual enrolled in Medicare, you will always have certain rights no matter where or how you receive Medicare. As many things in society, there are rules and certain things that everyone is legally entitled to. Your rights with Medicare serve to protect you when you get health care, make sure you get the health care services that the law says you can get, protect you against unethical practices and protect your privacy.
- What is the Durable Medical Equipment Competitive Bidding Program? - There are some changes and new phases that Medicare is going through. This is something that happens frequently as time passes and here at Ahlbum Insurance Group, we make sure to stay on top of the latest news to share with our clients.
- Medigap vs. Medicare Advantage, which is better? - MEDICARE is a federal program for people 65 or older that pays part of the costs associated with hospitalization, surgery, doctors’ bills, home health care, and skilled-nursing care. MEDIGAP is a policy that supplements federal insurance benefits particularly for those covered under Medicare.
- Medicare Advantage Information - As most of us know, Medicare is a federal program for people 65 or older that pays part of the costs associated with hospitalization, surgery, doctors’ bills, home health care, and skilled-nursing care. Another term to familiarize yourself with is Medicare Advantage. A Medicare Advantage Plan is a type of Medicare health plan offered by a private company, such as Ahlbum Insurance Group. Medicare Advantage Plans include Health Maintenance Organizations, Preferred Provider Organizations, Private Fee-for-Service Plans, Special Needs Plans, and Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans
- Medicare Coverage and Foreign Travel - When traveling overseas, there are many things that you should find out before you travel, as rules often change when you are in other countries. Your Medicare coverage is one area that you may have some questions on. When traveling outside the United States, Medicare coverage is limited. In most situations, Medicare won’t pay for health care or supplies you get outside the United States (U.S.).
- Medicare Reform and Health Care Reform - The healthcare and medicare reforms are ever-changing and there is always something new to stay updated with. Here is some of the latest information on where things stand.
- Medicare Basics - Medicare is provided for people that are 65 years or older, people under 65 with specific disabilities and people of any age with end-stage renal disease (ESRD). Understanding Medicare, if you are eligible and how it may or may not suit you are questions that many people who fall into the initial 'yes' category have.
- Medicare Coverage and Chronic Conditions - Medicare can still cover an individual who has a chronic condition. This is possible under Medicare's Special Needs Plan. Medicare Special Needs Plans (SNPs) are a type of Medicare Advantage Plan (like an HMO or PPO). Medicare SNPs limit membership to people with specific diseases or characteristics, and tailor their benefits, provider choices, and drug formularies (list of covered drugs) to best meet the specific needs of the groups they serve.
- Medicare Disability Coverage - If you have a disability, you are still eligible for Medicare coverage. There are many various versions of this and here we discuss most of them. Individuals are automatically enrolled in Medicare after you get disability benefits for two years. The two parts of Medicare that you will be enrolled in are hospital insurance and medical insurance.
The Ahlbum Group is a Medicare Supplement Accredited Advisor by The National Association of Medicare Supplement Advisors. We have also been recognized by the United American Insurance Company for the past 11 years in their United American Eagle Club. This prestigious club is awarded to the top ten UA agencies.
We’re ready to help! Contact us today or click here now to get a quote.